About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, June 7, 2019

Phantom Neighbors

Eight months ago, new neighbors moved in across the street from me. The day they moved in, they rang my bell with a bottle of wine and introduced themselves. They are a young Asian couple in their early thirties. They seem very nice and went to all of the other neighbors with the same introduction. The woman said they have a two year old son. I saw her mother at the house sweeping the front walkway. From that moment on, they have been an enigma. They leave for work every day, seven days a week, at 7:15am and return at 8pm. They rotate their cars. They leave with one van and return with another. Three vans are in the rotation. Two have Connecticut license plates and one has New York plates. A fourth van never leaves the garage. I have never seen a child. I have never seen visitors. The outside of house is kept neat and clean. Every morning I wave as they leave for work as that is when I also leave. Yesterday I saw them take a walk, but they only walked three houses away and then returned home. Maybe this summer they will be outside long enough for me to talk to them. They are an unsolved puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment