About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Compassionate Restraint

I have developed compassionate restraint over the past year. I have watched carefully as people responded to my parental situation. Almost everyone has been true to what I thought they were, but a small few have been a disappointment. Those are the ones that will be treated with compassionate restraint. To the people that gave flippant remarks or cliched answers, I will respond as they did. I am a very warm hearted person but I can lower the dial to freezing at a moment's notice. I have a situation now where someone's mother is not feeling well. While I understand the upset my coworker has, I am showing the concern that I was shown. It goes against my grain to do so, but I am still doing it. I want her to feel what I felt when my pain was diminished in her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment