About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Profit Margin

How much profit does someone need? My office is getting a new phone and internet system. It is long overdue. After years of not hearing clearly on the phones and rebooting our internet daily, my boss has agreed to buying new phones. My task was to negotiate a fair price. I called a random company from an internet search and she had me call the telephone man that she uses. I asked the price for identical systems. I was quoted a price on the same exact phones and wiring. Her man asked $7300. My man asked $6950. I asked my man for a better price and he came down to $6750. I went back to her guy and told him that I got an estimate for $6750. He got a bit nasty and asked me to send him the estimate so I could prove what I told him. Before I did that, I called my man again and said that I wanted to stay closer to $6000. His last and final quote was $6300. I told him it was a deal and yesterday I signed the contract. This just shows that if I did not negotiate, my boss would have paid $1000 more than necessary. Now my man will replace her man for all phone problems. Too much profit turned into a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment