About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, July 19, 2019

Poke

All over my neighborhood, Poke restaurants are popping up. I had no idea what they were. It seems that they are Hawaiian food, which to me mimics a blend of Chinese and Japanese cuisine. I recently ate Poke for the first time. It reminded me of a salad bar. There is a menu and you check off what you want and hand it to the girl behind the counter to have it put together. You choose a grain or noodle, then two or three proteins (the yuppie way to say meat or fish), then the veggies, then the greens, like seaweed or kale. You then choose a sauce to add to it, either soy based, broth based or miso based. It is all mixed into a large oriental looking bowl. I chose a broth based dish with ramen noodles, pork belly, hard boiled egg, seaweed, mushrooms and a slice of fishcake. It tasted very good but I thought it was a bit pricey. The dish cost $12. Normally for that price I can get a salad, entree and vegetable. I am glad I tried it and would get it again, just not for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment