About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, March 9, 2020

Restrictions

I received an email this morning from a local hospital that is in my insurance plan. It listed the new rules and regulations for visiting patients and the Emergency Room. When I read the restrictions, it reminded me of how things used to be. A child has to be over 15 years old to visit a patient. That used to be the rule. Then people decided that anyone of any age was free to visit. I never understood why a toddler needed to visit a hospital patient. There is now a one person visitor policy. Years ago when you visited a patient, you needed to go to the front desk and get a pass. Only two people per patient. If two people where there, you waited until they came down and handed in their pass so you could get one. I vividly remember waiting to see my nephew when he was born. I sat in the lobby until a pass was returned. The hospital that my husband volunteers in has suspended all volunteer services until further notice. Eventually things will return to normal and this will be a story from our past.

No comments:

Post a Comment