About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Adapting

Human beings are programmed to adapt. If they didn't they would be extinct by now. Every family has its time when adaption is necessary. My family's time is now. After a bad fall, my husband has one leg bandaged up to his hip. We will find out Tuesday if surgery will be necessary. I hope not, as then the healing period will begin again. We are all used to using two arms and two legs. When the use of one is taken away, our survival instincts kick in. Life as we knew it, is gone. For some people it is for weeks, for others it is for a lifetime. As I am finding out, you need a plan of adaption. A way to do things easiest. You need to become an efficiency expert. I was up all night thinking of easy ways for my husband to navigate the steps in our house. I am strategically placing stools and chairs in key places, so that he will have rest and transfer stations. If this plan does not work out, I will try another, until I get it right. Our family motto is, "The S's are survivors". Now is the time that we will put our motto to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment