About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Rotten Core

There is a new educational concept called Common Core. It is the educational equivalent of Obamacare. The government interfered with a well proven method and turned it upside down. It complicated things to the point where no one knows what is going on. Years ago you were taught math in a common sense way. Line up the numbers and either add, subtract, multiply or divide. I call it the "gozinta" method. Two gozinta four two times. If I need to know what time a train from California will pass a train from Tennessee, I will look at a schedule. The common core is making it difficult for the students that opt for the GED. If they are being forced to use common core, they might as well have stayed in high school for as long as it takes. For many, the GED was a path for them to show that they value education even though they could not finish the traditional way.

No comments:

Post a Comment