About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Party of One

Last night I went to dinner at Jake's Wayback. I have gone there a few times because I use a restaurant.com coupon. My sister ordered her food first at the counter and sat down to wait for it. She paid the coupon price. I then ordered my food and gave in the coupon, but the little counter girl said I could not use it. I asked why and she said only one person per "party" could use it. I said I am an independent diner who is paying for myself, so I am considered a party of one. She said that when people sit together they are a party of two. I said this is a fast food place so I will sit one table away and then I am a party of one. She began to read my the restaurant.com rules and I told her that I walked in alone, paid separately and would sit alone at a table. I can use the coupon. The manager finally walked over and silently put in the coupon, as the girl was still reviewing the rules and regulations. The burger gave me a stomachache, so I will not be going back there again anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment