About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Different View

The good news is that my husband will not have surgery. The bad news is that I am now seeing life through the eyes of the handicapped. Things that used to be simple, no longer are. I understand the "regular" world not being as handicapped accessible as it needs to be, but I do not understand the "handicapped" world being equally unaccessible. The orthopedist's office has a very heavy door that is impossible to open if you are on crutches or in a wheelchair. My office building has a button to press that will automatically open the doors for handicapped patients. How could an orthopedist, who has built a million dollar office, not have included that in his plans? I found the same problem with the medical equipment store. Again, a heavy door on a poor incline. What were they thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment