About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Bringing The Sunshine

When I was in Florida a few weeks ago, the weather went from bad to beautiful. It seems that the winter had been cold and gloomy. As we sat at the pool, my parent's friends came by. Each one said the same thing. "You brought the sunshine with you". I always smile and say that we surely did. Then I think to myself how silly that statement is. I picture myself packing the sun in my suitcase between a bathrobe and a pair of sneakers. As it goes through the baggage X-ray, it tries to dim itself so it won't be noticed. When I unpack it, it flies to the sky to brighten everyone's week. As per my instructions, it will shine for my entire stay. The night before I leave, I lasso the sun and repack it so it can go home to New York. The day I get home, my parents tell me that the weather has gone back to cloudy. Maybe I do bring the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment