About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, February 12, 2016

Handling

My family bought flowers for my mother for Valentine's Day. I did the ordering online. As I got to the final checkout screen, I saw a few charges. There was the cost of the flowers. Great. The cost of the tax. Fine. The cost of the shipping. Expected. Then I saw it. The cost of handling. Normally shipping and handling are lumped together in one fee so it is not that apparent. Here it was separated. I understand all of the other fees but the handling fee annoys me. If I am paying for the flowers and shipping, I think it is understood that someone has to put them in the box. Just like when I go to a store. Do I pay the cashier a handling fee for putting the item in the bag? Of course not. To ship, you must handle. Unless you use a chute.

No comments:

Post a Comment