About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Miscommunication

The other night I received a call from my front office staff. A patient and her husband had come in at the wrong time and they were blaming the staff. They were yelling at the receptionists and insulting them. The husband and wife each had an appointment at the same time, but one doctor changed the time and one did not. This is what led to the error. Mistakes happen and if the couple would have been nice I would have calmed down the situation this morning. My staff did nothing wrong. It was the doctor's error, not theirs. Since they were not nice, from now on they will not have contact with my staff. They will now only be allowed to speak to their doctors. If they call to check an appointment time, they will be told that their doctor will call them back. If they call to reschedule, they will be told that their doctor will call them back. They will see that dealing with the front office is far easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment