About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Camouflage

I went to the skin doctor yesterday for a recheck on my nose wound. I was taken into the office by the medical assistant and we chatted for a few minutes. She asked what I was there for and I said a wound recheck. She looked at me as if to say, "What wound"? All of the other patients in the office that were there for rechecks had on bandages or bandaids. I pointed to my nose and removed the camouflage patch I had made. I am not a vain person but I cannot have a bandage across my nose for three months. It is too annoying. I devised a method that molded ointment and paper to create a natural look while still doing its job. The doctor walked in and said that the wound was healing fantastic. So fantastic, in fact, that when it was all healed he was going to use pictures of it to show patients when they have to make a decision whether to have a skin graft or heal naturally. He said that the patients would not be able to tell which picture was the skin graft. I explained my "method" to him and he said that no one ever did it that way but it seems to work beautifully so keep it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment