About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The Media

Our new administration is anti press and I agree with them. While the media gives us the news, they skew it in a way that serves their own purposes. Then we are held responsible for interpreting what they have dished out and making sense of it. Some call it propaganda and some call it scamming. Yesterday their way of "doing business" effected me directly. I found out that my local newspaper has been putting a $3.99 surcharge on my account four times a year for Fun Books and special holiday coupons. I called them up to complain as no one I spoke to knew about this. They said that it is clearly stated every day on page two. I got out my paper and went to page two. At the bottom, in a 2 font lettering, they printed the disclaimer. I could barely read it even with a magnifying glass. I told that to the customer service representative I was talking on the phone with. She said that it was printed in the paper and if I did not see it, it was not their problem, it was mine. I had the surcharge option permanently removed from my account but I hung up angry. This incident showed me that the media are liars and will do anything to get their opinions across or profit from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment