About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Food Memories

I was lying in bed this morning thinking of what I would eat for lunch. I am the type of person that likes to plan my meals. It gives me something to look forward to. I decided to have tuna on a toasted bagel for lunch. I then started thinking that the best tuna on a bagel was made by my mother. The tuna had a perfect mix of mayonnaise and was delicious. Even though I use the same brand, it never tastes like my mothers. Her meatballs and spaghetti were also fabulous. She blended a jar of sauce with a can of plain tomato sauce and cooked the meatballs in the sauce. Mmm mmm good. Her brisket was to "live for". Baked chicken legs were so yummy. My mother made blintzes from scratch. The crepes were called "bletles" and the cheese was a mix of farmers cheese, pot cheese, eggs and sugar. My mouth is watering as I write this. I do not think my children will have these fond memories. Most children of this generation won't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment