About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Make Waves

This year for the holidays my daughter in law bought me a beautiful necklace. It has my birthstone and a gold bar. On the bar the words "Make Waves" is engraved. I put it on immediately. Besides looking beautiful I see a real meaning in what it says. Make Waves. For my entire life I have avoided making waves. I always wanted things to be calm. I never wanted to ripple the waters or make anyone unhappy. I was doing the dead man's float. Quietly lying there, floating in smooth waters. While life is good, would it have been better if waves were made? From now on I will take the advice of the necklace and make some waves. If I am unhappy I will make sure my opinion is strongly voiced. If I disagree with you, I will make sure you know it. If you have upset me, I will make sure that my feelings are known. The necklace is so appropriate to my life. For the first 61 years I settled for smooth. For the rest of my life I will make as many waves as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment