About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Dress Code

Last night I went to a party at my boss's house. I have not been to her holiday party in years as she always has it on my granddaughter's birthday weekend. This year it was a week early. Everyone came nicely dressed except one doctor. She has a Bohemian fashion style, that borders odd. She wore an outfit that I have seen her wear many times to work. She wore black and white polka dot slip in shoes with black socks covered in embroidered strawberries. Her pants were rust color. Her top was pink and she had a mustard yellow sweater over it that fell about six inches above the shirt. Her hair was clipped with bobby pins and she had two contrasting necklaces around her neck. This is a normal work look for her but I didn't think it was also a dress up look. She looked like a vagabond who pulled clothes out of a dumpster and threw them on. Her clothes are always clean but rumpled. Her boyfriend was nicely dressed. This woman is in her early thirties and is brilliant. She has published at least three books. I guess that she feels as long as she has clothes on it doesn't matter what they look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment