About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, May 1, 2017

Millions

I was walking in a shopping center yesterday and passed a woman who was speaking on the telephone. As I passed her, I overheard her saying that she had 14 million more places to go that day. Wow, 14 million places is a lot. How long could she stay at each place if she had to fit it all into one day? We all use numbers to emphasize the enormity of our lives. We have all said we have a million things to do or we have told someone to do something a thousand times. I guess it makes us sound busier or more needed. The effect would be totally different if that woman would have said she had 3 more places to go. Then the other person could possible ask for her to go to a fourth. But since she had 14 million places left, no one would add on one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment