About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, May 22, 2017

Newsday

Yesterday I received the Fun Book from Newsday. I opened it and knew that I had to make a phone call to question it. My coworker, who was sitting next to me, also had the same problem so she called first. It seems that we were not paying for it, as requested,  but the delivery person puts it with all papers. Now came the other problem. It seems that she is paying $34 every eight weeks but I have been paying $47. Hmmm, why is that? I called Newsday and got a woman who gave me a "bubba meinser" about rates and coupons and promotions. I said I want $34. She said it cannot be done. I asked for a supervisor. She also said it cannot be done and she cannot review my coworker's rates. That is when my friend piped up on speaker phone to add to the argument. The woman said that there was nothing she could do. I said that I was going to go from door to door on my block, jot down rates and then call "Seven on your side" to open up a can o'worms. All of a sudden she could adjust my bill to $39. I guess that is the going rate to keep worms in a can.

No comments:

Post a Comment