About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Self Firing

Yesterday an employee that I was going to fire this morning fired herself. I was informed by my boss that she no longer wanted to pay for an extra receptionist that was not pulling her weight. The only problem was that she had keys to the office. I could not be sure that she would return them and changing the locks would be expensive so I had to think of a plan. Since I was not there when she arrived, I had another receptionist tell her that she forgot her keys and needed to borrow the other girl's. She realized that something was fishy so she gave back the keys and walked out. She then called me to inform me that she was not coming back. I apologized for the situation because she was a very nice girl and I still felt terrible. It is not easy being a manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment