About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Milking It

There are two types of people in the world. One that goes through unpleasant situations strongly and the other that milks it to the last drop. Since pool season has begun I have been seeing a neighborhood woman a few days a week. She is nice but nutty. She is the kind of person that makes summer entertaining but I would never choose as a winter friend. Even though I am older, I call her a "camp friend". It seems that in May she had a surgical procedure on her breast. Everything was fine and she had a few stitches. I had the same surgery in 1995 and went home and made macaroni and cheese for dinner. She has not stopped talking about her breast to anyone that passes by. Pardon the pun, but she is milking her breast surgery. According to her, she cannot swim, walk, exercise, lift, drive, hug, cook, etc. It was minor day op, nothing serious. She is using this surgery to get attention and sympathy. I am now keeping a count of how many times the word breast can be put into a conversation. "It is sunny out". "My breast cannot have sun on it". "Today is Tuesday". "Tuesday is the day my breast was operated on". "My birthday is in June". "June was one month since my breast surgery". I am not kidding. This is how her breast is slipped into every conversation. I am waiting to see how long it takes for someone to tell her to stop the breast obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment