About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Travel Agent

I have just taken over the role of travel agent. My boss is traveling to Russia in a few weeks and just realized that she needs a visa. In the last few days I have learned more than I need to know about Russian travel visas. I have spent two entire workdays making calls. My philosophy is that as long as she is paying me, I will do different tasks. If I play travel agent, I will not answer work phones or do my regular job. I learned that you need to be hosted in order to enter Russia, so you need a letter from the hotel where you will be staying. If you book on Booking.com as she did, you will never speak to a live person for advice. After 2 hours of calling them, being rerouted and then hung up on, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I called directly to Russia and found someone at the hotel who spoke English. I got all of the information I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment