About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Suspenders

Fashion changes from generation to generation. When I look back on historical pictures I cannot fathom how women wore long dresses and high necklines during the summer or how men were always expected to wear a suit and tie. Dress codes have become more lax and things that were popular no longer are. I was driving the other day and saw an old man wearing suspenders. My father also wears them. As belts became more popular suspenders phased out. Now they are mostly worn with a tuxedo. Suspenders made sense. They held your pants up without putting the pressure on your stomach that a belt does. It was purposeful and comfortable. They suspended your pants from your body. Your shoulders had a job. No our shoulders are unemployed and our pants are pushed into our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment