About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, July 31, 2017

The Sunflower

The other a day my daughter in law sent me a picture of "the girls" picking sunflowers. It brought back a wonderful memory of my children. On his last day of kindergarten, my older son brought home a seedling in a sytrofoam cup. It was a tiny sunflower leaf the size of a pea. He was so excited to plant it in the garden on the side of the house. We planted it and watched it grow. And grow. And grow. By September the plant was 10 feet high and the flower was 9 inches wide. It was so heavy with sunflower seeds that it began to face down. We decided to shake it and all of the seeds came tumbling down to the ground. When it was time to pull it out, the stalk was so wide that we had to saw it down like it was a tree. I knew that I had taken a picture of the sunflower because it was so beautiful. Since I have many picture albums, I did not know which one it was in. I was on a mission to find the picture. I took out every photo album I have and went through them picture by picture. Finally, I found it. My two sons in front of the monster flower. What a wonderful memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment