About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, January 12, 2018

Job Security

Is someone's job secure or are they secure in their job? These are two different mindsets. Most people with job security work in unions or have contracts. They cannot be terminated unless there is a huge problem. People who are secure in their jobs are not bound in any way but know that what they do makes them valuable and they will not be easily replaced. Today I have assigned one of my newest receptionists with the task of interviewing a possible candidate. No one other than I has ever done interviewing, but since it is my day off and we are getting desperate, I asked her to fill in. I am slowly showing this girl what I do because I know that I will not be working there forever. She was hired under bad circumstances as she was the nutty doctor's assistant, but now she is a trusted employee. She is part of the office team. I am not afraid that by showing her some managerial responsibilities. she will take, or for that matter even want, my job. I am just glad that I finally have someone that can step in when I am not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment