About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Too Many Cooks

There is an expression that too many cooks spoil the broth. That theory works in all places. Too many people involving themselves in one task makes things harder. My office does our banking the normal way. We charge people's charge cards, collect cash and checks. Then we go to the bank and deposit it. We get the statements at the end of the month and settle the books. We recently found out that Dr. Crazy ordered herself a check scanner and thinks she will be scanning checks directly into her account. If she does that, how will the bookkeeper reconcile the daily books? If a check is returned, how will we know? If someone pays in cash will she be the one driving to the bank? She never thought of these questions prior to ordering the machine. My bookkeeper is about to stop doing this doctor's books and let them become ruined. I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment