About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Accommodate

If someone is nice you will accommodate their request. When I opened my work mail yesterday, there was a letter from my newest receptionist. She works from 3:30 - 8pm, four days a week. She was requesting to work from 5:30 - 8pm on those days. Normally I would say no because who would cover the desk for the two missing hours? She relocated from Florida to New York with two children and is a single mother. She is a hard worker with the most pleasant demeanor. She moved in with a friend until she found a place of her own. The neighborhood was not a nice one and she did not want her daughters to be there. She has been trying to find her own place but does not have enough money. For whatever reason, and  no one is prying, she is now in a homeless shelter. She was offered a full time job and wants to supplement her income with 10 hours at my office. We all had a meeting and decided to rework the shifts to accommodate her. She is that nice. My boss might create a full time position in the next few months for her. She is an employee worth keeping so we are making sure that we can help her stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment