About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Guilty Until Proven Innocent

I try to stay away from political discussions. I know my opinions and do not have to defend them to other people. As the expressions says, "You do you and I'll do me". I was watching the news yesterday and it seems that one political party wants to change the way our justice system runs. They want it to be, "Guilty until you prove yourself innocent". I thought it was, "Innocent until proven guilty". I cannot defend anyone's actions without knowing the full story. I remember reading about the Salem Witch Hunt and I see it happening all over again. One person claims something and everyone else jumps on the bandwagon. The stories become more outlandish as they grow, like a game of telephone. What started off as a 15 year old possibly touching a female, is now escalating into gang rape. Soon it will be murder. Next genocide. Where will it end? I think I will tell my grandchildren to sit out recess. They may be accused of violence 30 years later if they push someone in the sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment