About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, September 21, 2018

Carrying On

My sister and I are carrying on the traditions of our parents. Every year at the holidays, my parents visited their parents at the cemeteries. They stood at the gravesites and told their parents about the previous year. They then cleaned up any debris around the site. This year my mother is gone and my father is not walking well. We decided to spend the afternoon doing what our mom and dad did for so many years. We visited the family. When all was said and done, we went to 2 cemeteries and cleaned 15 graves. As we walked along, we saw family members that we had not thought of in years. We stopped, said hello, and cleaned. It was not sad. It was beautiful. Just the thought that I was standing in front of my great grandparent's graves, remembering them, was touching. They will never be forgotten. What we did yesterday was honor our ancestors in the best way we could.

No comments:

Post a Comment