About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

One

Yom Kippur begins tonight at sunset. This is the first year that I will light a candle for a family member. I used to have the candles in my closet for my husbands parents. Over the years, he stopped lighting them. If I did not remind him to light them, he never would have. I realized that he needed to be the one to remember them and if he did not, I would not pick up the slack for him. This year I will light a candle for my mother. I looked in my cabinet and saw that there were no candles. I went to the supermarket yesterday to get one. As I walked in the aisle I could see that the shelf where the candles would have been was empty except for one lone candle. Just one. It was sitting in the middle of the empty shelf waiting for me. It was as if it was waiting for me to take it home, almost like it expected me to come and get it. I will light it tonight to remember my dear mother. Her light will shine in my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment