About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, January 19, 2019

A New Leaf

My family tree has two new leaves. Yesterday I received a copy of my grandmother's death certificate. I wanted to know how she died since she was only 53 and died in 1939. I knew that besides a cause of death, it would list her parents names. Her father would have had her maiden name, but her mother would have had her own. I could trace back one more generation. So far, I can account for 6 generations, from my grandchildren to my own great grandparents. Although it does not make a difference in my life, to me it makes a difference in my heritage. I need to know the family names. A new last name popped up and I am intrigued to find out more. I am a senti-emotional person. I value those who preceded me as well as those who came after. Since last year I have thought more than ever about family relationships. You only get one family. One mother, one father and however many sibling you have. You need to make the most of every minute God allows you to have them. Once they are gone, there is no going back to fix any wrongs. I am glad I have and will have no guilt about my parents. I have done my best to make them happy and that allows me to have peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment