About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Time Matters

Being on time matters. It is a sign of respect showing that you value where you need to be and whom you are being on time for. On Monday, a new patient began therapy at my office. His family is spending over $2000 a week out of pocket for this. The appointment was at 10:30am and the family came from Connecticut. They arrived at 10:15am. The doctor arrived at 10:45am. The patient's father was livid and since I am the manager, I get to be the one to hear it. The dad came up to the window to rant and rave about the doctor being late and how he is spending a lot of money and traveling far to be here. When he was done, it was my turn to speak. I told him I totally agreed with him and would not defend anyone being late. I told him that I was going to deduct the money for every minute she was late. I said there is no excuse not to have left her house early to be here at the appointment time. I then said that she was a wonderful doctor and the treatment would be well worth the trip. About an hour later, the man came back to the window and apologized about how he acted. I said there was no reason to apologize and that if I was in his place I would have done the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment