About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Tantrum

Children have tantrums and we expect that. Their brains are not developed enough to have self control when something does not go their way. Eventuall they outgrow it as they mature. Some people never outgrow it and the tantrums continue into adulthood. It is not pleasant to watch. Yesterday I watched as my receptionist had a temper tantrum when she had to call Optimum cable service. She was balanced billed $10 for a cable box she had returned.When the representative looked at the bill and did not give her the answer she wanted, she flew into a rage. She was screaming and cursing at the poor man. All he was trying to do was explain the charge, but it was not to her liking. The screaming got louder and more vicious. She was shaking and almost crying. Her emotional avalanche had taken hold and she was spiraling out of control. My heart started to pound from the volume of her rage. I picked myself up and walked out of the office into a doctor's office in the back. I sat there until the yelling stopped and then gave it a few minutes before I returned. When I walked back in, I told her that one day she would get a stroke or a heart attack from behaving like that. It was a disgusting display to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment