About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Two Applicants

I had two appointments for job interviews yesterday. One was set for 9:30am and the other 10:30am. At 9:24am I got a call that the woman waslost on the 4th floor and she could not find our door. I told her that we were on the 1st floor, so why was she on the 4th? A few minutes later the door opened and a woman walked in and sat in the far corner of the waiting room. Other patients slowly filtered in. I knew the first person was the applicant, but did not know why she did not have enough sense to come to the front window and get an application to fill out. I decided to let her sit there for a while to see if what she would do. After 10 minutes I opened the window and said, "Which doctor are you here to see?" She said she was here for an interview. The patient sitting next to her told her that when you come for an interview you are supposed to go to the window and say you are here. The woman looked baffled. I knew that the interview would be short and she was not getting the job. As she filled out the application, the next interviewee walked in. She said she was early for the 10:30am interview (it was 9:45am) but she wanted to make sure she was on time. I took in the first woman and spent about 4 minutes with her. She had not worked since 2009 due to a "brutal divorce". I brought the next girl in and she was wonderful. She was hired!

No comments:

Post a Comment