About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Date Range

Yesterday a patient called and told me that he had called his insurance company to see if his claims were paid and got the run around. He asked if I could call for him and I said I gladly would. After being rerouted twice, I got to the proper department. I asked the girl for the status of the claims and was told that the claims from 10/3/18 through 10/24/18 were pending medical records, but the claims from 10/10/18 through 12/19/18 were being processed for payment. I asked her which was the correct info. Were they pending or processed? She gave me the same answer about the date ranges. I told her that the dates overlapped, so what was pending and what was processed. Again, she gave me the same answer. Now I had to baby step her through the call. If the 10/10, 10/17 and 10/24 dates were in the 10/3 through 10/24 grouping and also in the 10/10 through 12/19 grouping, what was the definitive status of those dates. Are they pending or are they processed. She had no idea what I was saying. Now I asked her to write down the dates. Look at them. They appear in each group. It was like "Who's on first, What's on second and I Don't Know is on third." After 10 minutes of repetition she finally got it. The date of 10/10 was the only one processed. All others were pending. I hung up the phone, informed the patient and took two Excedrins.

No comments:

Post a Comment