About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Opposite

Sometimes the opposite of what you think you want is best for you. We all have our wishes and then we have reality. Many times we do not know what is best for us until it becomes real. For the past year when I have hired new staff, the policy was to scrutinize the person's background, both personal and professional, and if they had no medical office experience, they would not be considered. Last year the interview process changed from only me to me and then a panel of doctors. No one was good enough. If they were hired, then they were put under so much pressure that they left within a short time. Recently when we needed a new staff member, I put my foot down. There would be no more multiple interviews. I would be the sole person responsible to hire and I would hire whomever I felt was best on my gut instinct. This is how I always hired and the staff stayed for years. Last week, I interviewed a nice girl. She had no medical background. She was personable and I hired her on the spot. She is on time, takes notes and is learning quickly. Lo and behold, the "panel" of doctors love her. I did the opposite of what they wanted and it turned out to be as good as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment