About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

What You Asked For

If you ask for something you must live with that decision. Sometimes it is not easy to undo your request. It becomes your fault and not the fault of the person who implemented your request. Last week a regular patient called to say that he wanted a break from therapy and to cancel all future appointments. They were cancelled. Last night he showed up for his regular time slot but there was a new patient in it. He swears that the day after he cancelled, he called to rescind his request. No one remembers speaking to him. He drove one hour to find that there was no room at the inn. This is an expression my office uses when this happens. I do not know the outcome but I will find out later. The moral of the story is to say what you mean and mean what you say.

No comments:

Post a Comment