About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Due Diligence

Due diligence means doing your homework. Finding out information prior to completing an act. Unfortunately in this day and age due diligence is required when you use the internet. Most unauthorized emails go to our spam box, but some make it to the inbox. Sometimes the scam emails look like they are from trusted sites but you need to look closer. I always check the email address where to mail was sent from. If the email looks like a Verizon email but the return address was mail@verizon1.co.com..... Scam. Every email carrier has a system to view the "header" of an email so you can see the IP address and exactly where it is from. Most people are never told that. Many times in work my boss has asked me to respond to an email that looks important and when I check further, it is from a scammer. No matter how many times I tell her how to check, she still thinks the emails are real. I have become the email police. I would rather it that way though, since mopping up the mess after a problem is so much harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment