About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Party Planning

Yesterday, the topic reared its ugly head. The dreaded topic of the annual holiday party. I am not a grinch, by any means. I just don't like holiday work parties. We had to decide between a lesser of three evils. A cocktail party at my boss' house, a lunch in a nearby restaurant or a pot luck luncheon. We decided on the pot luck lunch. It is just easier to bring food in and have it during work hours. I work with a great group of people but they seem more interesting as "floating atoms". They float in and out of the main office and we talk for 30 seconds at a time. That works for me. When I have to sit across from them for a two hour span, I realize that no one has anything in common. Awkward. I tried to set the party date on a week I will likely be in Massachusetts for my grandchild's birth but they would not allow that. They made the date around my schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment