About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Gas Man

One of my patients told me a story about her experience during the hurricane. She was laughing as she told me but like any "war story", it was upsetting at the time. After the storm, for the first time in about twenty years, there were gas lines. Part of the reason for the lines was insecurity. People did not know when gas would be readily available and that made them wait on the lines just to have their tanks on full. This woman is 87 years old and still drives. Her son came to see her from Connecticut and waited on a gas line for 2 hours to fill up his mother's car. He did not want to subject her to the long wait. A day later when she went to her car, she saw her gas cap pried open. When she turned the car on her gas gauge was on empty. Someone had siphoned her gas from tank. She had no other choice than to get on a gas line and hope the car did not conk out while she waited for gas. She waited 3 hours and filled up. When she got home she wrote a sign and taped it to her gas cap. It said "Don't even bother, I am empty. Someone got to me first".

No comments:

Post a Comment