About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, November 23, 2012

The Masses

My father has an expression, "The masses are the a**es". Today, more so than any other day of the year, it holds true. Today is Black Friday. It comes after Grey Thursday. These days represent the beginning of the holiday shopping season. Years ago, shoppers began their "quest for gifts" the Friday after Thanksgiving, at 9am. Then the retailers moved it up to 4am. Then midnight. This year the greed has multiplied and Friday, started on Thursday. The funny thing is that shoppers are like sheep being led to the slaughter. Many people cut their holiday short and showed up like zombies to the mall. I believe in discounts and sales, but I believe in family more. Employees are asked, no, made, to work on a holiday that otherwise would be spent enjoying family, food and possibly football. I think this is a disgrace. My son told me that when he came home from work last night at midnight, the cars lined up at the mall exit extended two miles back. I just do not get how people let business dictate their behavior. Let's hope that next year the public is not asked to show up on Thanksgiving Day at 2pm, naked. I bet a few people would actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment