About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Thumbs Up

Lately, wherever I go, I see an icon of a closed hand with its thumb up. I see it on TV, in print ads and on the internet. It is the new international sign for liking something. It seems that the world has become very insecure and needs constant reassurance that it is liked. I have no idea what relevance liking something  is about. Is it intended to sway people's opinions? Is it to show popularity? I think that we need another option. I want a "dislike" symbol. It should also be a closed hand with one finger up. In the dislike symbol, the only finger standing should be the middle one. Then we would have a clear idea of what is not only liked, but also disliked. I hate for things to be one sided.

No comments:

Post a Comment