About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Things I Learned

After fourteen days I have my electric back. As I was sitting reading my Tiffany's catalog at 5pm last night, my world lit up. The television resumed playing and the familiar tune of Windows booting up played. For a moment I was stunned. I had not seen my house clearly for 2 weeks. Everything had been muted by the glow of a flashlight. It took a few moments to acclimate to the brightness. I scurried around putting things back into their place, trying to recreate some normalcy. When I finally sat down, I thought about the last two weeks. I realized that I learned a life lesson. Here is what I learned:
  • Family is the most important thing on earth
  • Television is not that important
  • Reading is fun
  • I can live for two weeks without cooking hot food 
  • Crying relieves tension
  • Shelby keeps me warm at night
  • We can all survive, even if it is hard
  • Home Depot and the Public Library are user friendly
I do not think I will ever forget this blackout. It has changed me forever. I am a more humbled person who will never take even the smallest things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment