About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Disruptive

Some people are disruptive within a group. They take over and alienate what would have otherwise been a cohesive group of people. Once a month, my office hosts a free walk in support group. Anyone can attend. Just walk right in. After years of having this group, friendships have formed. After the group, the people continue the night at a local diner. About six months ago a new person joined the group. She argues with the other members and interrupts the doctor running the group. Last month, the group pulled aside the doctor and said that they no longer want this woman to attend. The doctors have been afraid to mention this to my boss. Yesterday, I pulled my boss aside and explained the situation. Other doctors then joined into the conversation. I was the one elected to  call the woman and "disinvite" her from the group meetings. She did not take it well. She demanded to speak to the doctors. I said no. She demanded to  speak to the director. I said no. I told her that we were not in negotiations. The decision was final. She said that she might show up anyway. I said that if she did, she would be asked to leave. She said she might not. I said that if she doesn't, we will. When I go into work this morning I will see what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment