About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Save The Date

I am very diligent about my yearly doctor visits. Last February, I visited one of my doctors during the worst ice storm. I never thought I would make the drive home safely. After the visit I booked my appointment for February 2016. Since it was so far in advance and I did not have a 2016 calendar, I took the appointment card and taped it onto the December 2015 page of my calendar. When it becomes 2016 I will mark it on the new calendar. Yesterday I received a call from that doctor's office telling me that they were already booking for May and since I was there in February, I should make an appointment as soon as I could. I told the girl that I already booked one. She said that my name does not appear on their computer schedule. I went to the December calendar and got the card. I told her that I have a card from her office staff saying February 1, 2016 at 2:40pm. She said that was last year's appointment card. I said that to my knowledge, we were still in 2015 and that February 2016 was months away. I then told her that she needed to call whomever was in that time slot and cancel them as it was my appointment. She paused a minute and said that I could come in at 2:25pm that day. I said okay. She asked me if I could fax her a copy of the appointment card so she could see who wrote it out but never actually booked it. I said I would do that today. Then I added that it was a good thing that I kept the card, otherwise she would have told me that I was 100% in the wrong and her office never booked that time. She was silent. I guess you really need to keep the "save the date" cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment