About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Time Out

When my children were young I never did time out as a punishment. I either yelled at them or hit their behinds. My children believe in time outs. Last night I was at my son's house. My grandson started to throw toys over the gate to the den. My son told him to stop it. He did not. Instead he took another toy and threw it. Within one second, my son scooped Him up and put him into his crib for a time out punishment. He left him there for  three minutes. After that he walked into the bedroom and asked him if he knew what he did wrong. He said the he threw a basket over the gate. He then said he was sorry. My son asked him for a kiss. They kissed and he was lifted out of the crib. No other toys were thrown that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment