About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

One of Them

I am in another land. The land of Senior Condo Living. It is an alternative universe where things are not like they used to be. After two days, I am slowly being infiltrated by the condo mindset. Yesterday I went to eat breakfast in a local diner. The price online was listed as $3.99 for a full breakfast that included coffee, eggs, oatmeal and a bagel. I sat down and saw that the menu said $5.99. If I was in New York, I would have said, "Oh, well. Let me just stay here and eat. It is only $2 and not the end of the world". I am in Florida, so instead I said, "What!! Two dollars more? Who do they think they are, trying to change the price on a senior citizen! I'm leaving!". My sister and I promptly got up and walked out. We drove a block away to another diner where the same breakfast was $3.49. We were so proud of ourselves. We officially became part of the condo insiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment