About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Liar

People think they can lie and get away with it. A few weeks ago I booked a new patient appointment for a young man. His mother called and gave me his information. I went through my usual statements that Medicare is the only insurance we take. I asked what her son's insurance was and she said Medicare. Even though he was young he had Medicare disability insurance. When she came to the office she filled out his forms. On the line that asks for primary insurance she wrote "Medicare". On the line for secondary insurance she wrote "none". On the next page she listed Medicare again as his primary insurance. She handed in a valid Medicare insurance card. I filed Medicare and they denied the claim. They said the Medicare was his third insurance. I called the mother and told her what happened. She started to yell at me that GHI was his primary, Medicaid his secondary and Medicare his third. I told her that was not the information she gave me. She kept yelling that I should have known even though she never said it. Am I a mind reader? Am I to assume everyone is a liar? After being yelled at for about one minute, I informed the woman that I would not be continuing the conversation if she did not speak in a low respectful tone. She continued to yell so I hung up the phone. Good thing I had her prepay the full Medicare amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment