About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Lights Out

Yesterday afternoon I received a call from my office. The computer system was down. There had been a blackout and now the computers could not get online. I was told that half of the building was still out. I explained that since the program was internet based, if part of the building was still out most likely the internet was affected. About an hour later, I got another call from my receptionist. It seemed that PSEG came to the building and said that a large repair needed to be done.They were closing down the building at 7:30pm. My boss told the girls and PSEG that she was not leaving at 7:30pm as we have patients until 9pm. She strongly told that to PSEG and they said that at 7:30pm they were closing the building and blocking the parking lot entrance. Anyone who remained would be blocked in. My boss said no. My girls were now quite upset. Do they walk out on my boss or get blocked in. I told them to go outside again to PSEG and get the definitive answer. If they were going to be blocked in, I would call my boss and inform her that my staff was walking out at 7:30pm. No discussion. One girl went to talk to PSEG. They said that they were scared of my boss and called their supervisor to say that they would not close until 9:30pm. They did not want a problem. They were intimidated by a 5 foot tall, soft spoken woman who let them know who really had the power.

No comments:

Post a Comment