About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Shopping Gene

I do not have the shopping gene. When my sister was born she was given a double dose. I was given none. I hate to make large purchases. We needed new den furniture and went to buy it last night. We went to a few stores. I became crankier and nastier in each store. I just do not like shopping for items that cost over $1000. If my kids asked me to give them $1000 in cash I would hand it over with a smile, but when I have to buy something for myself, I snap. We wound up buying a couch and a loveseat that I really liked. Unfortunately I made the experience quite stressful for my husband, our salesgirl and the store manager. I think they all would have liked to take me out into the parking lot and stomp on me. By the time we left the store, the salesgirl looked like she was ready to vomit, my husband had a migraine and the manager's face was so red that his blood pressure must have been 190/100. I walked out with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment